Isocom Components 2004 Limited manufactures infrared optoelectronic devices, focusing on optocouplers, optoswitches, and solid-state relays. The company is a leader and respected brand in the global optoelectronic industry. Used to emit or detect radiation in the visible to a near-infrared range of the electromagnetic spectrum, they utilize a premise established by Albert Einstein that light is made up of photons rather than continuous waves. Focusing on flexible manufacturing processes, it boasts the shortest lead times for production for many of its parts, with the highest quality products coupled with excellent customer service.
About Isocom Components
Located in the United Kingdom, Isocom Components supplies optoelectronic devices through a worldwide network of agents and distributors. Starting over 30 years ago, the company uses processes that enable them to have the shortest production lead times for many of its parts. Due to these flexible manufacturing methods, Isocom Components offers better accessibility to optoelectronic parts with more economical pricing, including for standard types and drop-in replacements, as well as custom selections and Isocom’s own branded components.
Isocom Components complies with the following regulatory mandates:
- California Proposition 65: According to California statutes, the company strives to meet requirements on electronic parts for companies manufacturing or reselling products in California, including labeling and warnings on electronic components regarding chemicals used in their manufacture.
- Conflict Minerals: Supporting actions by the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) and Global e-Sustainability Initiative, the company helps customers source components that have been sourced responsibly and not from any of the Democratic Republic of Congo’s (DRC) eastern provinces or surrounding areas.
- REACh (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals): A law put into force in the European Community in 2007 that regulates the safe use of chemicals, specifically through the registration, evaluation, authorization, and restriction of certain chemical substances; it has since undergone reviews or updates approximately every six months since its inception.
- RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive): An EU regulation restricting the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
Additionally, Isocom Components has established programs to assist customers seeking to comply with various environmental regulations and legislation worldwide.
History of Isocom Components
Originally incorporated in the Scottish capital of Edinburgh in December 1988 as Randotte (182) Limited, the company began trading as Isocom Components Limited in February 1989. The company registered as a designer, developer, inventor, manufacturer, researcher, seller, and wholesaler of electronic components, including fiber optic systems, and in a consulting role to other commercial entities. As of October 1989, the company began operations in Hartlepool, England, while maintaining an office in East Lothian in Scotland. By 1995, the company’s turnover had reached £4 million, with nearly £700 thousand from business in the United States and Canada. The company incorporated as Mutanderis (483) LTD in December 2003 in London as a small company, reincorporating as Isocom Components 2004 Limited in July 2004. The company currently continues operations from Hartlepool, England.
Isocom Manufactured Products
The company provides an alternative to standard optocouplers popular in the industry, including those no longer currently manufactured. The company produces parts according to industry standards by carrying selections to meet customers’ specific parameters and requirements for their circuits. Isocom’s devices come in various lead forms and can be packaged individually when needed.
Typically, applications for parts made by Isocom Components include:
- Automated equipment
- Gas detection and monitoring
- Industrial controls
- Medical industry
- Power protection products
- Power supplies
- Smart meters
- Telecommunications industry
Solid State Inc. offers optocoupler and other optoelectronic devices made by Isocom Components.
Shop for Isocom Products at Solid State, Inc.
Solid State Inc. is a franchised distributor of Isocom parts throughout the continental United States. Our company is also a supplier of a full range of diodes, integrated circuits, switches, and other electronic components made by other manufacturers. We offer an easy way for customers can search our inventory via component or manufacturer part numbers. Solid State also has expert technical support to advise on specific customer needs. To view optocouplers and optoswitches made by Isocom Components, we invite you to browse our inventory online or contact us directly for a quote.