Solid State Inc. carries high-quality electronic products from various manufacturers, including Lite-On. The company’s products include optoelectronics for green energy and industrial automation, becoming a leader in sustainable electronic and electrical solutions. As Lite-On distributors, Solid State is proud to introduce the company as one of our featured manufacturers.
About Lite-On Group
With its main office in Taipei, Taiwan, and production facilities worldwide, the Lite-On Group is a leading manufacturer of essential electronic products used within various industries and for many critical applications. With the company’s wide-ranging experience in production and supply chain management, Lite-On products support innovative smart technology solutions that help create value for their customers. Lite-On continues to play a role in LED and other optoelectronic technologies, with patents in the Americas, China, Europe, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan. The company especially prides itself on its social and environmental responsibility efforts, winning numerous awards for making the world more fair and sustainable, with Lite-On products helping to support these goals.
History of Lite-On Group
Several former Taiwanese employees of Texas Instruments began Lite-On in 1975 in Taipei, Taiwan. Initially producing LEDs, they branched into computer power supplies, with other products and subsidiaries soon following. The company has become one of the three biggest optical disk drive manufacturers globally for nearly half a century.
Some key moments in Lite-On’s history include:
- 1975 – Lite-On Electronics was established with a capital investment of NT$1 million (about US$33,000).
- 1983 – Initial public offering on Taiwan Stock Exchange, with Lite-On Electronics as the first listed technology company.
- 1989 – Lite-On Electronics Inc. establishes its first overseas manufacturing facility in Bangkok, Thailand, for optoelectronic products; Lite-On Technology Corporation was established to fabricate cathode-ray tube monitors.
- 1990 – Lite-On Electronics Inc. establishes a factory to produce switching power supplies in Penang, Malaysia.
- 1991 – Begins trading in the United Kingdom under Lite-On Ltd.
- 1992 – Earns first IECQ and ISO 9000 certifications; establishes subsidiary Lite-On GMBH in Germany and Lite-On Peripherals Ireland, Ltd. In Ireland.
- 1994 – Lite-On Technology International Inc. was established in California.
- 1995 – Thai and Malaysian plants obtain ISO-9002 certification; become publicly listed as Lite-On Technology Corp. on Taiwan Stock Exchange.
- 1996 – Lite-On IT Technology sets up in Singapore and begins building factories in mainland China.
- 1997 – Lite-On Group continues to expand, with 38 manufacturing plants worldwide; ISO-14000 certification for environmental management achieved by Lite-On entities.
- 1998 – Production begins in mainland China, in Tianjin by Lite-On Electronics and in Shijie by Lite-On Technology Corp.
- 1999 – Lite-On Group acquires GVC Corporation and breaks ground on new global headquarters.
- 2000 – Approval received for Guangzhou Science Park joint venture in mainland China.
- 2002 – Mergers with various subsidiaries into Lite-On Technology Corporation, becoming a leader in Taiwan’s domestic IT industry.
- 2005 – Invests in plastic injection molding and automotive capabilities through DragonJet Corporation and Lite-On Automotive International Co., Ltd., respectively.
- 2006 – Invests in Li Shin International Enterprise Corporation (LSE) to develop power supplies and Logah Technology LCD television inverters; industrial design team wins twelve national and international awards for various Lite-On products and services.
- 2007 – Recognized by Dell Inc. for service, reliability, and quality, as well as by Forbes Global 2000; industrial design team wins 19 awards; closes deal on Perlos Corporation, the largest handset casing company globally.
- 2008 – Ranks as 50th in the top 1000 companies in Greater China.
- 2009 – Opens East China Regional Headquarters in Wujin, Changzhou; ranks number one in surveys of top 1000 Taiwanese manufacturing companies for computer components and in the top 1000 companies in Greater China for electronic components.
- 2010 – Lite-On Mobile Pty. Ltd. and Perlos and Young Fast Optoelectronics Co., Ltd. form a joint venture to fabricate touch panel modules; Lite-On Clean Energy expands into intelligent fast-charging systems for electric vehicles (EVs); Lite-On product sales reach record highs of NT$123.5 (US$4.09) billion.
- 2012 – Links with the National Taiwan University of Science and Technology to set up an electronics center.
- 2014 – Purchases LarView Technologies to improve position in high-end camera module market; merges with Lite-On Automotive Corp. to strengthen position in the automotive sector; has the largest share of Taiwan’s LED streetlight market.
- 2015 – Establishes research and development center with National Tsing Hua University, one of Taiwan’s top universities.
- 2016 – Establishes research and development center for biomedicine in Singapore; opens new facility in Nanzih Export Processing Zone in mainland China.
- 2022 – Founding members of Lite-On advocate carbon reduction within Taiwan’s supply chain.
Continuously innovating, Lite-On products are available through Lite-On distributors globally.
Lite-On products are used in various applications, including 5G-enabled devices, Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT), automotive electronics, cloud computing, computers, consumer electronics, information technology (IT), and optoelectronics. As Lite-On distributors, Solid State carries Lite-On products that include optocouplers.
SHOP FOR LITE-ON PRODUCTS AT SOLID STATE
As Lite-On distributors, Solid State sells Lite-On products through our online inventory. Please request a quote today for more information about Lite-On and our other products.